We are getting close to a 1.12 release. This week we are drawing attention to the latest Cwtch Nightly (2023-06-05-17-36-v1.11.0-74-g0406) that is now available for wider testing.
As a reminder, the Open Privacy Research Society have also announced they are want to raise $60,000 in 2023 to help move forward projects like Cwtch. Please help support projects like ours with a one-off donations or recurring support via Patreon.
This version has a large number of improvements and bug fixes including:
- A new Font Scaling setting
- Several networking and connection management improvements including automatic detection and response to network changes, and several bug fixes that impacted time-to-connection after a resetting Tor.
- Updated UI font styles
- Dependency updates, including a new base of Flutter 3.10.
- A fix for stuck file downloading notifications on Android
- A fix for missing profile images in certain edge cases on Android
- Japanese, Swedish, and Swahili translation options
- A new retry peer connection button for prompting Cwtch to prioritize specific connections
- Tails support
In addition, this nightly also includes a number of performance improvements that should fix reported rendering issues on less powerful devices.
Please see the contribution documentation for advice on submitting feedback
Help us go further!
If you want to see us move faster on some of these goals and are in a position to, please donate. If you happen to be at a company that wants to do more for the community and this aligns, please consider donating or sponsoring a developer.
Donations of $5 or more can opt to receive stickers as a thank-you gift!
For more information about donating to Open Privacy and claiming a thank you gift please visit the Open Privacy Donate page.