Cwtch 1.12 is the culmination of the last few months of effort by the Cwtch team, and includes many foundational changes that pave the way for Cwtch Stable including new features like profile attributes, support for new platforms like Tails, and multiple improvements to performance and stability.
In This Release
- New Features:
- Profile Attributes - profiles can now be augmented with additional public information
- Availability Status - you can now notify contacts that you are away or busy
- Five New Supported Localizations: Japanese, Korean, Slovak, Swahili and Swedish
- Support for Tails - adds an OnionGrater configuration and a new
CWTCH_TAILSenvironment variable that enables special Tor behaviour.
- Bug Fixes / Improvements:
- Based on Flutter 3.10
- Inter is now the main UI font
- New Font Scaling setting
- New Network Management code to better manage Tor on unstable networks
- File Sharing Experiment Fixes
- Fix performance issues for file bubble
- Allow restarting of file shares that have timed out
- Fix NPE in FileBubble caused by deleting the underlying file
- Move from RetVal to UpdateConversationAttributes to minimze UI thread issues
- Updates to Linux install scripts to support more distributions
- Add a Retry Peer connection to prioritize connection attempts for certain conversations
- Updates to
_FlDartProjectto allow custom setting of Flutter asset paths
- Accessibility / UX:
- Full translations for Brazilian Portuguese, Dutch, French, German, Italian, Russian, Polish, Slovak, Spanish, Swahili, Swedish, Turkish, and Welsh
- Core translations for Danish (75%), Norwegian (76%), and Romanian (75%)
- Partial translations for Japanese (29%), Korean (23%), Luxembourgish (22%), Greek (16%), and Portuguese (6%)
Cwtch 1.12 is based on libCwtch version
libCwtch-autobindings-2023-06-13-10-50-v0.0.5. The repliqate scripts to reproduce these bindings from source can be found at https://git.openprivacy.ca/cwtch.im/repliqate-scripts/src/branch/main/cwtch-autobindings-v0.0.5
Download the New Version
You can download Cwtch from https://cwtch.im/download.
Alternatively we also provide a releases-only RSS feed.
Help us go further!
If you want to see us move faster on some of these goals and are in a position to, please donate. If you happen to be at a company that wants to do more for the community and this aligns, please consider donating or sponsoring a developer.
Donations of $5 or more can opt to receive stickers as a thank-you gift!
For more information about donating to Open Privacy and claiming a thank you gift please visit the Open Privacy Donate page.