One of the tenets for Cwtch Stable is Universal Availability and Cohesive Support:
"People who use Cwtch understand that if Cwtch is available for a platform then that means all features will work as expected, that there are no surprise limitations, and any differences are well documented. People should not have to go out of their way to install Cwtch."
This development log seeks to capture the current state of Cwtch platform support, and how we plan to make platform support decisions going forward as we move towards Cwtch Stable.
The questions we aim to answer in this post are:
- What systems do we currently support?
- How do we decide what systems are supported?
- How do we handle new OS versions?
- How does application support differ from library support?
- What blockers exist for systems we wish to support, but currently cannot e.g ios?